Minnesota Health Insurance: Informative Content Related to
Individual Health Insurance Policies
Look no further than Health of America Insurance Agency for plans, coverage's and quotes from the most competitive health carriers in Minnesota such as Assurant Health, HealthPartners, Humana, Medica, PreferredOne, Time Insurance Company, UCare, United Health Care and more. We have been selling and servicing quality insurance plans since 1991. As we enter 2014 with the addition of MNsure (aka: Minnesota ObamaCare / The Affordable Care Act) you can be assured that we will help you find the best plan for your situation.
Call one of our helpful agents today for a free review of the programs available that will best suit your needs and budget!
For plans written as of 10/01/2013 with an effective date of 01/01/2014 or later health insurance for individuals can be thought of as 4 categories under MNsure (aka: ObamaCare / Affordable Care Act / etc).
1) Coverage that does NOT qualify under the Affordable Care Act as "Essential Coverage". You will pay a "penalty" for not carrying a qualified plan each year.
2) You may carry a qualified plan which does qualify under "Essential Coverage" from one of our many carriers and plans that is not a MNsure plan.
3) You may carry a MNsure Plan. The primary purpose for a MNsure plan is for low income persons to qualify for a premium subsidy from the government so as to encourage carrying coverage as opposed to not carrying any coverage. The subsidy may be available for those earning up to 400% of the poverty level.
4) Medicare eligible persons. (MNsure does not apply to Medicare eligible persons).
Insurance made available to uninsurable residents of Minnesota.
Comprehensive Health Association - (MCHA)
Will be replaced with MNsure over the comming year.
Please Note in accorance with MNsure:
• MCHA will cease accepting new enrollees for a coverage effective dates of Jan. 1, 2014, or later. MCHA coverage will close for all enrollees on Dec. 31, 2014; however, this date may be extended for certain subgroups through an appeals process.
• When open enrollment for the 2014 plan year begins on Oct. 1, 2013, MCHA enrollees may begin seeking coverage via the MNsure health insurance marketplace or private insurance coverage offered by health plans. MCHA will provide additional support and assistance to enrollees with selected complex conditions or other unique concerns. A list of these subgroups appears on page 6 of the final draft transition plan.
• Beginning Jan. 1, 2014, MCHA will implement a formal appeals process to address transition issues related to enrollment, continuity of care and medical care management for MCHA enrollees.
• DOC and MCHA will re-evaluate the remaining enrollee population after the first open enrollment period closes on Mar. 31, 2014, to determine whether the transition plan should be modified to address the transition needs of remaining MCHA enrollees.
If your situation and low income require a publicly subsidized program please contact
Albertville MN, Alexandria MN, Andover, Anoka MN, Apple Valley MN, Arden Hills MN, Austin, Baxter MN, Belle Plaine MN, Bemidji, Big Lake MN, Blaine, Bloomington MN, Brainerd Brooklyn Center Brooklyn Park Buffalo Burnsville Cambridge Champlin Chanhassen Chaska Cloquet Columbia Heights Coon Rapids Corcoran Cottage Grove Crookston Crystal Delano Detroit Lakes Duluth Eagan East Bethel East Grand Forks Eden Prairie Edina Elk River Fairmont Falcon Heights Faribault Farmington Fergus Falls Forest Lake Fridley Glencoe Golden Valley Grand Rapids Ham Lake Hastings Hermantown Hibbing Hopkins Hugo Hutchinson International Falls Inver Grove Heights Isanti Jordan Kasson Lake City Lake Elmo Lakeville Lino Lakes Litchfield Little Canada Little Falls Mahtomedi Mankato Maple Grove Maplewood Marshall Mendota Heights Minneapolis Minnetonka Minnetrista Montevideo Monticello Moorhead Morris Mound Mounds View New Brighton New Hope New Prague New Ulm North Branch North Mankato North St. Paul Northfield Oak Grove Oakdale Orono Otsego Owatonna Plymouth Prior Lake Ramsey Red Wing Redwood Falls Richfield Robbinsdale Rochester Rogers Rosemount Roseville Sartell Sauk Rapids Savage Shakopee Shoreview Shorewood South St. Paul Spring Lake Park Stewartville Stillwater St. Anthony St. Cloud St. Francis St. Joseph St. Louis Park St. Michael St. Paul St. Paul Park St. Peter Thief River Falls Vadnais Heights Victoria Virginia Waconia Waite Park Waseca West St. Paul White Bear Lake Willmar WinonaWoodbury Worthington Wyoming Zimmerman